>10 Things the HR Department Won’t Tell You – Manage Your Life on Shine
1. Background checks have gone beyond Google.
2. Arriving super-early for an interview is almost as bad as arriving late.
3. Your physical appearance matters.
4. Personal hygiene counts, too.
5. You won’t get hired to work from home if you aren’t a “home professional.”
6. Being overweight can work against you.
7. Ageism (illegally) exists.
8. Your relationship is being monitored if you’re dating a coworker.
9. Your Internet usage is probably being documented.
10. Your good and bad behavior matter—but the bad matters more.