>Google Launches Instant Preview To Make Searching Easier [News]
It’s only been about two months since Google launched their latest search engine feature, Google Instant, making it faster and easier than ever to get the results you’re looking for.
A few days ago, they launched yet another small but handy feature that will make it easy to filter through those results and determine which one is right for you, using Instant Previews.
On your search results page, each item is accompanied by a little magnifying glass. Clicking on the icon will activate the Instant Preview feature, and you will need to activate the feature for each search instance.
A small screenshot of the website will be displayed on the Google search page, displaying the general layout of the page, simply by hovering over each search result.
Anywhere the search word or phrase is displayed on the page will be highlighted in the preview.
In an attempt to make things as easy as possible for you, Google has implemented keyboard shortcuts for accessing Instant Preview. Use the up and down arrow keys to navigate between search results, and the right arrow key to display the preview.
To see Google Instant Previews in action, check out the video below.
Are you using Google Instant Preview? Let us know what you think of it in the comments.
Hey Facebookers, make sure to check out MakeUseOf page on Facebook. Over 24,000 fans already!
Similar MakeUseOf Articles
- Why I Decided To Make Google My Home Page and Never Looked Back (56 comments)
- Why Google Won’t Show You What You Want & How To Fix That (29 comments)
- UnGoogled: A Week of Discovering Alternatives For Google’s Services (34 comments)
- How To Monitor What Is Being Said About You Online (9 comments)
- How To Get Rid Of Unwanted Redirects In Google Search Results (8 comments)
- How To Check The Top 10 Search Keywords On Google (6 comments)
- Google Squared! – Google Search to the Next Power (7 comments)
- Find Top Internet Searches In Your Niche with Google Insights (4 comments)
- Customize Your Internet Search Results with Google SearchWiki (4 comments)
- 9 Cool Google Search Shortcuts You Should Know About (17 comments)